The West Coast Climate Action Network (WE-CAN) seeks to hire a Network Coordinator on a part-time 6-months contract of approximately 20 hours/week at $30/hour, starting in August, 2022. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the BC climate movement, good technological skills, and the ability to pick the job up and run with it, under guidance from the WE-CAN Board.
The purpose of the West Coast Climate Action Network (WE-CAN) is to serve, support, amplify and promote the climate action work of our 228 member organizations. The global climate emergency is relentlessly urgent, and if we don’t get a rapid handle on our climate pollution, the outlook will be very grim. The solutions that will enable us to build a green, climate-responsible, nature-friendly world are waiting, ready to build a future that will be better for nature and for all people.
We are a volunteer-led non-profit organization, strongly committed to the principles of inclusion, diversity, justice, respect, and kindness. You can read our Climate Statement, our Vision Statement, our Mission Statement, our Indigenous Engagement Statement and our Diversity Statement here.
The Network Coordinator will work with our Board and Teams to:
- Strengthen and promote our work.
- Engage with funders and submit funding applications to cover activities, projects and initiatives during 2022-23.
- Keeping a finger on the pulse of the climate movement in BC, including climate policies, solutions and politics, and building our network of relationships.
- Build membership and increase WE-CAN’s reach and effectiveness, including among Indigenous communities; youth; green businesses; educational institutions; labour unions; poverty, affordable housing and social justice groups; religious organizations; local governments; politicians; and political parties.
- Interact with a wide range of people to build useful relationships.
- Seek opportunities for WE-CAN to help British Columbia develop the climate actions needed to tackle the global climate crisis.
- Update our website regularly with climate actions, events, and stories, using WordPress Divi.
- Expand the reach of ourweekly Newsletter.
- Expand our social media presence.
The Application form is here.